I’ve been thinking about the upcoming ½ day (as described below) and how it should be organized as I get ready for the planning meeting in a few weeks and my initial thoughts are that something like the following might work. I prefer we stick to an “open plan” as much as possible as what we plan to try and do is unpredictable in its outcomes—and that is the cool part. After all, I think of this not so much as a “training” or “instructional” seminar but an “exploratory group”. I can’t tell you now where we will end up, but I am excited to start!
· Meet and Greet (and Eat)
· A bit of background on the Community 2.0 Idea
· Some formalized show and tell to get us started
· Q&A and Impromptu show and tell
· Theme Building Activity (Defining terms we use to connect)
· Making Connections Between Courses
· Techie Time
Tasks to be Completed (These incorporate X's comments/suggestions from below)
· Gmail Accounts
· Blogger Basics (i.e. Follow, Post, Comment, Tag)
· Establish Basic Lexicon of Procedural Tags (i.e. Last Name, Course Codes, etc.)
· Establish Basic Lexicon of Course Theme Tags (i.e. Gender, Urban, Media, etc.)
· Make initial connections between courses by posting a tagged entry to the blog with a course description.
· Begin mapping out course activities.
(IMAGE: Courtesy Flickr and Creative Commons, Sue Waters, "My Twitter network on January 31")