Monday, March 15, 2010

Blogging in Writing Class

I just want to note that there have been a few really amazing things happening in my blog-based classes.  Thanks again to Drs. X and Smith for helping me get up to speed.

1) The students are all becoming allies and friends because they read each others blog posts and comment on them.  Its really built a community in a very fast way.

2) They seem to find it fun.  They are writing 300 word entries, responding to peer writing & ideas and they think its fun.   I'm stunned. I always thought "making learning fun" was a myth created by Children's Television Workshop to make us all feel boring.   But no - students love blogging.

3) Due to all of this "fun and games" writing, students' normal defenses against writing and feedback (peer or teacher) seem to have been minimized.

4) I am enjoying reading and responding to this low-stakes student writing  a lot more than I usually do.

So, all in all, I am totally converted to 2.0.

Thanks again - I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! My students seem to be having a blast as well. They are blogging like crazies.

    ReplyDelete