Saturday, March 20, 2010

Let The Tutoring Begin!

This Monday and Tuesday, My ENG 220 "The Seminar in Teaching Writing" students will respond (via blog) to Jason Smith’s ENG 102 class’ drafts of their first paper. Thursday night we looked at Jason's course blog and each chose two of his students to respond to. The ENG 102 students will be posting draft essays Monday the 22nd. So my students will respond to their assigned writers between Monday around noon (the time the paper draft should appear) and Tuesday night at 5:45 (our class time).

You can check out the assignment on my course blog. I give what I hope is very specific advice about how to respond to other students. If anyone has ideas or responses to my advice, I'd love to hear it! I'm still learning how to do all this!

I'm very excited to see how this goes. Jason and I will let you all know!

Bye for now!

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a great assignment. I definitely plan to invite your class to comment on our papers in the Ethics of Food cluster when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to your blog and loved the assignment.

    May I borrow it for one of my classes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doctor X, what's mine is yours! I'm flattered you would use my work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My students are SO psyched about this!

    ReplyDelete