Saturday, April 24, 2010

Web 2.0 Clock Management

My students have been blogging about once a week or so, but I haven't had too much time to do much with their work. Right now, I'm using the blogs as more of a submission mechanism than a community tool.

I think it's a time management issue. I didn't really allocate enough time in my syllabus for students to spend time reading each other's work, and I'm realizing that's a huge part of this process.

Our midterm is next week and after that, I think I'll be able to carve out time so that students are posting on their blogs, but also reading what their classmates are posting.

At the start of the semester, I thought all of this stuff would come together pretty organically, but I'm realizing that like most other things, things only come together organically if they're well-staged.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know, S.

    Dr. Van just sprung on me a completely new assignment in one day and it totally worked (partly because her assignment rocks).

    On the other hand, since the beginning of the semester I have been looking for places in my class schedules where it would be okay to experiment with community building, so, yes, it does require some staging...

    ReplyDelete