Thanks for a great seminar yesterday! :-)
Here are our next steps:
1. The student pre-survey is now live at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7T35H8M
You will also find a link to it under the area “Links” on the Community 2.0 blog. Please try to give this survey to your students early on. You can print paper copies from the link. If you do so, please put the completed surveys in campus mail to Jason Smith in E-103.
2. Confirm the SIMS numbers for your classes.
3. Please set up your online platforms and send us their URLs/addresses ASAP so we can add them to the blog. For each platform, please create a link back to the Community 2.0 blog at http://lagccnetworks.blogspot.com
If you need help setting up or configuring platforms, or figuring out how to get your students working on it, let us know and we will be happy to help.
4. We have updated the blog with the new theme tags AI, careers, education, fate, groups, ideology, masculinity, sexuality, and stereotyping; we also updated the Contributor Tags with your last names (on the right-hand column—scroll down a bit). Please check that we did not miss anyone!
5. Refresh your memory about connections by reviewing the posts we wrote during the Wednesday face-to-face seminar. Try to make a comment or two, or “vote” on the blog post by clicking any/all of the buttons labeled “cool,” “interesting,” and “tell me more.”
We will be sending a follow-up e-mail next week to remind you to post and tag your posts, comment, etc. In the meantime, if you need anything, let us know.
Participants will be responsible for posting to a shared public website and participating in online discussions. This is a year-long seminar. Face to face seminars will be held in Fall I and in Spring I as follows:
Wednesday, September 8, from 9:00-1:00
Friday, October 29, December 3, March 4 and April 29 from 9:00-12:00
Wednesday, June 15, from 10:00-2:00.