My students are at least beginning to explore the wiki so that's a good sign. Since the work is part of the final project, I don't expect them to move quickly but hope that there will be some evidence of new work soon.
Blackboard 8 is supposed to be so much better..........not! Had some issues with the voice announcements that needed to be addressed by 57th Street so that was one problem this week. The Voice Board seems to be working for many students but then again there are those who don't run the setup wizard, review the instructions and then complain it doesn't work. The online students seem to be having less difficulty than my f2f. I sent them to E-273 and C-216 for help since there are student workers available as various times of the day. In the Speech Communications Lab, the workers told the students not to use Voice Board but to just save their audio in audacity and email it to me. Still trying to get that straightened out. For most, they only needed access to the microphones and if the students or the workers looked, they could have imported the audacity files into Voice Board. Doesn't seem as though anyone went to the ePortfolio lab. Voice Board also allows for exporting of files so it's an easy way to add audio files to the assessment area in Digication. I had less trouble with audio assignments in Blackboard 6.
We continue work on Digication - creating new pages, exploring different modules and techniques. I am not convinced that this is a better system; easier but not sure about better.
This week we used a shared SkyDrive folder (through their live accounts) to begin on new resumes. I uploaded samples as PDF and Word files. The Word files can be used as a template and it was important to show student samples from prior semesters without identifying information....especially to demonstrate what a resume can look like for students with limited or no work experience.