Sunday, December 5, 2010

Audio files

A number of the students are still doing the VoiceThread assignment. Some had problems with logging in - how many times do we need to say use your LaGuardia account since that is what Blackboard uses? On the other hand, I was excited with the results I had on Voice Board from my CPC - The Future of Work seminar class. Students had to locate an article on making the most of their internship and then provide one piece of advice to the class on Voice Board. They had to respond to two other students which I usually require in my online classes but they had the option to respond with another audio or a text file. First, the advice and articles they used were good! Then I was pleasantly surprised to see that a number of students opted to respond with an audio file. Voice Board seems to work so I will probably use it more frequently. Still need to figure out why it doesn't show directly in the Grade Center.

I am in the process of reviewing the CPC final projects which included PowerPoint, podcast, audio, etc. and the wiki. I'll be able to tell you how these went when I see you on Friday.

As for last Monday's videotaping - only one student did not show. Technically two but one disappeared since the group project. A few students plan to do their video over at home before posting to the ePortfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment