Thursday, March 24, 2011

Good News for Ning-like Lovers

From Venture Beat
So,

last night, as I met with Jose, my tutor in the Writing Center, Matthew Byrd introduced me to a Ning-like site he is using for his ENG 102: GROU.PS

What could I do but spend the next 30 minutes creating a course and fooling around with it? (Click HERE to view.)

After 30 minutes, here is what I can tell you about the free version: 1) creating and customizing the site is a breeze. 2) It's got way more features than the Ning Mini, including a wiki, space for groups, and live chat. For more on what you get for free and by paying, click HERE.

The one thing I cannot tell is response times, as right now I am the only one in the place. Therefore, I invite you all to join my grou.ps site and see what happens. Also, I humbly suggest that GROU.PS is the next tool we check out, especially given its similarity with Ning.

2 comments:

  1. You have my attention! And I think Ning is worried because they called me today to find out what I liked and didn't like and offered me new features! I am going to explore your site :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are just too many options!

    ReplyDelete