Monday, March 14, 2011

The Intro Week that Wasn't

Due to a serious bout of food poisoning and a suprize trip to the hospital, I missed the first day of the 101 class I have registered with Comm2.0.  (Ironically, the theme for the couse is food).  Unfortunately, it was also the day students would have been in front of computers.  Needless to say, this has thrown off my schedule seriously.  Tommorrow, students will be building blogs, filling out the pre-survey and doing all the internet set-up and bookkeeping I had intended they do last Tuesday. 

As a side note, my other class - a 101/103 cluster that I don't have linked here but that also uses 2.0 - has made the most seamless transition into the blogosphere I've ever seen....no glitches, no real tech issues, no emotional resistances.  This may be because they are without exception de facto card carrying members of the Net Generation (the oldest is 22). Who knows. 

6 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better! Sending good vibes for your first tech day w/your other class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does that mean if I teach fairy tales I'll . . . . Oh. My, God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better -- avoid the same meal! Wishing you a better Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason, that is interesting because in my supernatural cluster, my ENG 101 class mysteriously disappeared from blackboard. It is still missing, although detective work is engaged and underway. Does this mean that the computer bugs have finally figured out how to best roadblock us?
    I'm also covering fairy tales and belief in fairies. Do you think I may shrink? Is it even possible to be shorter?

    ReplyDelete