Thursday, March 10, 2011

Undecided

Sorry for the delay in posting. Some of you may have heard about how I was kidnapped by pirates on a ship to Mexico and...Okay. That's not completely true.
However, I am now back and trying desperately to decide what tool to use. So far, I have tried Spruz, Ning, Tumblr, ePortfolio, Blogger, and wikiwetpaint. I haven't found my blogging niche yet...feeling very much like the junior high school girl who doesn't have a new dress for the party. In addition, once again I was not assigned a computer labfor my class although a request was input months ago. An urgent request was submitted today.Hopefully, by next week, we will be able to connect. That is the good news...the bad news is that I don't know what tool to use.

WhatI want to do doesn't seem to be perfectly in sync with operative functioning...or it costs money making it impossible. I want to connect internationally and, as I have mentioned to some of you, am working toward some sort of collaboration. I already have some connections with the University of Essex and France. To that end, I would like to use more remote/video/second life-ish stuff. I can shoot, edit and upload the video a la youtube or set for streaming. BUT, what I also want to create for the supernatural cluster is a recreation of the original Penny Dreadfuls pulp comics with the students summary and comments creating a semi-graphic novel format, online journal and printable form. We started already with fairy tales, animals and the supernatural. I'd LOVE to connect with a class of artist(e)s who can work with my students. We will also be covering spiritualism. While I don't expect ectoplasm to sprout from the site, I would like to keep it active, vibrant and exciting while encouraging students to carefully write, edit and revise until it is ready for print...like the rest of us.
What tool should I use? Help?

No comments:

Post a Comment