Friday, April 15, 2011

Making connections

Spring Break has barely begun and already I'm thinking about how to use FB and other web applications to connect my students to those in other classes. I want to work with Jeremy on poetry-related stuff, Lizzie on food-related stuff (we're reading Fast Food Nation next), and Phyllis on something, not sure what yet.

I also like Luke's idea of having students reflect on their use of technology in class. We've had some discussions about it but a written piece will allow me to hear from every student and might make it easier for them to be open and honest (writing something -- even something "public" on FB or a blog -- can seem less scary than saying it out loud to a group).

Halfway through the semester, I'm feeling good about my progress so far and look forward to doing more in the weeks ahead. Happy Spring Break, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment