Community 2.0 Agenda
7 September 2011
10:00-10:10 Welcome and Ice-Breaker (10 min)
10:10-10:40 Themes Activity (30 min). Theme music.
Using your “Dance Card,” meet the 4 people you have been assigned; you will have 2 minutes to explain what your course is, what your themes are, and what kind of connection your are looking for. Then your partner will have two minutes to do the same. Please jot-down notes on your card for discussion.
10:40-11:00 Report Out on Blog (20 min)
What did you learn from the Themes Activity? Please “tag” your blog entry by writing your last name in the “Labels” box at the bottom of the entry. If, once you have published your entry, you need to edit it, click on the tiny pencil icon on the bottom of your blog entry.
11:00-11:15 Review of Expectations (15 min)
11:30-12:30 Team Time and Troubleshooting (1 hour, in order)
12:30-12:50 The Internet and Privacy (20 min)
- When and how to connect?
- Physically working on your class or assignments
- Troubleshooting your tool/ the dynamics of the first week
12:50-1:00 Faculty Survey and Upcoming (10 min)
- Completing student survey by Sept. 22
- Completing weekly blog posts (for new folks, this is how we stay in touch, but it's also so we can asses the format for blog posting during the mid-semester meeting)
- Learning how to use Diigo: click HERE to check how Diigo works on YouTube. You will need to watch it in Full Screen.
- Discussing Evaluation Styles
- Building a learning community bibliography and resource center.