Thursday, September 22, 2011

Getting Started

It's been a great beginning of the semester for my hybrid-online Intro to Art. I reserved a computer lab on the first day, and had everybody set up their Blogger accounts. A couple of students had trouble making accounts on campus, but they were able to get their accounts running at home. Their first project grade was to create a personalized blog page and respond to the writing prompt, "Good Art/Bad Art."

Last week we took our first field trip to MoMA PS1 to see the "9/11" exhibition. They were a respectful and inquisitive group, which is always a relief. Their 2nd blog posting will be a response to that trip, called, "Art and World Events." Both of the above prompts are due by next week, so I'll post an update when I see their responses.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing!>video. I left the same comment on your course blog by mistake. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the video - it's inspiring! Just an idea for upcoming semesters - wouldn't it be cool to have students interview people near different venues throughout the city, like Studio Museum of Harlem, New Museum, etc. Seems like you and your students are rolling along, and I have to admit bacon and tofu sound incongruous but interesting (and I like that you are inviting students to contribute recipes!-)

    ReplyDelete