Saturday, September 17, 2011

WEEK 1

Ok, I asked each of my students to create a blog on Blogger.com and follow my course blog. I thought I can follow them back right away, but it seems Blogger does not allow me to see & follow my followers' blogs. How are you dealing with this "problem"? This is a well-known problem, which is not clearly stated in the Blogger FAQ. Are you googling each name to see if she or he created one already? Any idea?

Also, so far my students are creating blogs under their real FIRST and LAST name because their previous English courses required them to do so. Any idea on this, too?

1 comment:

  1. Hey NK--

    Just ask your students to submit their name and blog address as a comment to one of your posts (Jason and I use an editable Google Docs, but the result is the same). Then use either a Blog List or a Link List in your blog to create a list of their blogs (see my ENG 099 classes for examples by scrolling down and looking right). Both "gadgets" are under "Design" and "Add a gadget" on your blog if you are using Blogger.

    It's up to you how you want to manage the issue, but it's relatively easy to change the personal information given on a blog. If the web address is the issue, you might ask them to create a new blog...but, in the end, it's all up to you.

    ReplyDelete