Monday, February 27, 2012

Best of Class

My online experience did not actually turn out that well last semester. So, I suppose, I learned a lot about what not to do. I am going to call the moment of awakening to what not to do my best moment in regards to the online portion of my classes. Here is a short list of what not to do. First, do not allow for significant lag time between when students first set up their blogs and when they actually use it. Second, do not expect that they will come through in the clutch on a big assignment when they have not gotten into the habit of using the blog throughout the course of the semester. Third, do not post similar assignments for two different classes and expect that all of the students will do the correct assignment. Now, in my defense, I did clearly state the name of each class for each distinct assignment posting. Yet, several students simply did the first new assignment that they saw.

1 comment:

  1. Live and learn, that's us. But isn't this the whole point of the seminar?

    I hope this semester goes better!

    ReplyDelete