Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Blogger App & Mobile Blog

HUA191: The Art of Eastern Asia, Fridays 10:10am-1:30pm in Fall 2012.

What's AMAZING about Blogger App & Mobile Blog:

  • I can locate my students with GPS every time they post (!!!!!). Also, they can locate me drawing from art at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, anytime when I publish a post at the museum.
  • In the fall, all of my students are required to create a blog, as usual, but this time, on a smartphone. They blog about something Asian in New York City. This probably means posting a photo every week and commenting on each other's post(s) every other week, or along those lines. If someone does not own a smartphone, she does it on a computer or makes friends who have smartphones. The only way to get ahead in the society is through your generous act!
  • My students can email me, call me, text me, or create a blog post for me (this last one actually happened last semester), for extra help.
  • No more museum stubs! Yay!

By the way, I started to use my android phone for my very first mobile blog and thought about posting something on this blog (early this semester, I had problems creating the mobile blog on Blogger, which significantly slowed me down, but it seems those malfunctions have been fixed).

The Metropolitan Museum now says that the right hand of the model in the Picasso painting above is the "Abhaya Mudra" gesture from Buddhist sculptures, as in this picture, which I found a bit ridiculous and yet very funny.

5 comments:

  1. Oooo... I am so ready to learn about mobile blogging! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the links that you included in this post. They enriched the post. Now I hate my blackberry even more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also curious about mobile blogging, especially the GPS function--I remember the activity we did with the food carts back in December. Obviously one can schedule activities with wider ranges with that function, and post pics at the same time so readers know where items are located

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks - I like this! I got these offers to go mobile but I didn't see anything good in it - until now. I'll try to use it for the blog with my online class.

    ReplyDelete