Tuesday, May 28, 2013

More Reflecting

I remember being nervous heading into the seminar because I hadn't used much Web 2.0 technology. (I'm a deeply anxious person in general, so I would've been nervous no matter what!) Three months later, I'm happy to report that everything was mostly fine. Using Facebook was a large part of this, given the familiarity and "user-friendliness" of the platform. I was also fortunate enough to work with Thomas, who brought flexibility and a great sense of humor to our collaboration.

As I've written in greater detail my previous post ("Update, May 27), here are some things I'd do differently next semester: 1) provide my students more guidance and practice with peer review; 2) start connecting earlier in the term; 3) use Google Drive to supplement Facebook. This semester has been a surprisingly enjoyable rough draft, and I'm looking forward to revising in the Fall (after a nice, long summer break).


Image by Dan Patterson

1 comment:

  1. I think it is interesting that a number of us are coming to the same conclusions/learning the same lessons with respect to the first run of the activity. I guess this makes sense since we are all doing some basic version of the same thing -- i.e., giving students clearer instructions from which to operate, getting on top of all the (many)logistical aspects further in advance and tweaking/augmenting/streamlining the technology in some way...

    ReplyDelete